Day Use | The Bay - Black River (Adults Only)
Room + 3-Course Lunch + Free Access to Swimming Pool & Facilities
What you get:
- Duration: 6.5 Hours
- Day-Use Room + Lunch (drinks not included)
- Lunch: 3-Course meal to choose from our selected menu items
- Free room upgrade from Standard room to Superior Sea View room on weekdays (subject to availability upon check-in)
- Free welcome cocktail offered per person upon arrival
- Free access to the swimming pool & facilities
- Access to the beach, sun loungers, use of a beach towel for the day, and free WiFi
- Should you wish to book Evening Use Room → Click Here
- Check-in: 10:30
- Check-out: 17:00
- This is an Adults only offer - as from 18 years old
- Extra babies/children will not be accepted in the parents’ room
- The management reserves the right to ask guests to leave the premises without any refund if they do not respect The Bay’s policies
- Each room can host maximum 2 guests
- Bringing your own food & drinks are not authorized on the premises of The Bay
- No room service available
- Minibar items & Nespresso coffee in-room are not include
- Covid-19 protocols applicable for Mauritian Citizens or Holder of local Residents' Permit (subject to change as per the Tourism Authority):
- Vaccination card and ID card are compulsory, and must be presented at reception counter upon arrival
- Children under 18 years old are currently exempted from vaccination at this time. They will be allowed to stay in the same hotel if accompanied by their parents or a relative (adult) who is fully vaccinated
- ALL locals should be fully vaccinated at least 30 days prior the event - with 2 doses of a Covid-19 vaccine recognised by the Mauritian authorities
- Johnson & Johnson: If vaccinated by J&J, the vaccine must be completed 28 days prior to the arrival date
- Other vaccines which require 2 doses: 2nd injection to be completed 15 days prior to the arrival date
- The validated vaccines are: AstraZeneca Covishield, AstraZeneca Vaxzeria, Covaxin, Johnson&Johnson (1 dose), Moderna, Pfizer, Sinopharm, Sinovac-CoronaVac, Sputnik V
- If guests do not have the 2 doses or if the PCR test done is positive, the concerned authority will not take overall current bookings
- All Customers having any food allergens & dietary restrictions should communicate to the hotel 48hrs prior to arrival
- Only food and drinks purchased in the restaurant can be consumed. No food or drinks from outside are permitted inside the restaurant without the approval of the management
- Age Requirement: Note that upon reservation, if customers fail to declare their child or book for the wrong age group, a supplement will be required on arrival
- Covid-19 Lockdown Protocol: If a booking falls within a Lockdown period/Government restriction, it will automatically be cancelled & refunded as a store credit in your MariDeal account only
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- All extras, not included in the offer, shall be charged upon departure
- Special requests are not guaranteed and are subject to availability
- Booking Confirmation must be shown by all customers on arrival
- No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or re-booking allowed
- No Cancellation Policy: Once a booking is confirmed, there are no cancellations
- Postponement Policy: Any postponement request is not guaranteed and should be communicated at least 48-hour prior to the arrival date
- Merchant is solely responsible to the purchaser for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown by all customers upon arrival, failure to do so will entitle the merchant to charge the current public rate
- All Prices on MariDeal are inclusive of VAT
About The Bay
Beachside views, locally inspired menus & minimalist-chic rooms.
Situated on the West Coast in Black River, our guests come for the ocean in front, the mountains behind, and the warm greetings all around.
Blending natural beauty with a celebration of Mauritian culture, The Bay brings our guests the friendly, homely nature of a beach house with sumptuous food and drinks. All with a view that captures the unique heritage of our special island. The Bay is your ultimate beachside hideaway to eat, sleep and relax. Our guests like our delicious fusion cuisine, handcrafted local drinks, and our warm, friendly welcome.
The Bay Restaurant
Overlooking the ocean and only a few steps away from the sand, guests come to enjoy our authentic Mauritian cuisine and locally crafted drinks.
Open throughout the day for lunch, tapas, and dinner, our restaurant offers the perfect spot to enjoy some fresh, locally sourced delicacies while taking in the beautiful surroundings of La Preneuse beach and the Black River coastline. In the evening, The Bay Restaurant welcomes guests to an intimate, candlelit atmosphere.
From the fresh fish of the Mauritian seas to spiced, curried Creole dishes and a range of specialties from Europe, our menu celebrates the multi-cultural roots of our home.
Opening Hours: Breakfast 7:30 - 10:00 | Blackboard specialities for Lunch & Dinner 12:00 - 22:00 (last food order at 21:00)
With wines sourced from some of the leading vineyards in the old and new worlds, coupled with hand-crafted local cocktails and Mauritian beers, guests are never short of something to raise at sundown or for a special occasion.
Come at sunset to grab one of the best views on the island, as the daylight fades in the evening over the ocean, serenaded by the gentle rock of the fishing boats. It’s the ideal spot to sip a refreshing rosé, complimented by fine tapas while watching the sun drop with effortless majesty. A large selection of cocktails, malts, spirits, and a carefully selected wine list is available.
Opening Hours: From 11:00 to 21:00