Open Water Course | Simply Scuba Diving
5 Pool Sessions + 4 Open Water Dives + Academic Session + Free App + Drinks
Open Water Course
- 5 Pool Sessions
- 4 Open Water Dives
- Academic Session
- Free of charge app - Course available in 3 languages (English, Fench & German)
- Drinks: Tea, Coffee, Water
- Opening hours: Monday - Sunday from 08:00 to 16:00
- Meeting point: TEC Diving Mauritius Ltd Headquarter - Bain Boeuf
- Validity: Voucher valid for 90 days as from the date of purchase
- Minimum age requirement: As from 10 years old
- For minors under 18 years of age, the consent forms and liability release forms must be signed by a parent or legal guardian
- Note: A Medical questionnaire needs to be completed prior to commencing stating no indication against diving. A medical statement is required for divers above 60 years old or if you have any health issues like asthma, diabetes, heart problem, or if you had recent surgery or intervention
- Equipment provided: Cylinders, Weights, Air fills
- What you should bring: Swimsuit, change of clothes, sunscreen
- Compulsory MSDA Licence fee: Rs.200 per person - payable directly at the dive centre. Valid within 2 months
- Dive computer Rs 200 per dive (payable at the dive centre)
- Reservation: Call service provider directly to select date and time in a minimum of 48 hours in advance (subject to availability)
- For Rodrigues reservation: Call MariDeal to confirm activity availability
- Amendments: Once customers have confirmed a date and time, any amendments will need to be confirmed by Service Provider directly
- Pregnant women are requested to seek medical advice prior to booking any activity
- Activity is still carried out under rain unless safety is compromised. Subject to change in schedule due to weather condition
- Customers are requested to arrive at least 30 mins prior to activity time
- Service Provider reserves the right to limit access to the number of persons in their premises at any point in time
- Covid-19 Lockdown Protocol: If a booking falls within a Lockdown period/Government restriction, customers can request an extension of their voucher according to the validity date (subject to availability)
- As from the 1st of October 2021, all non-vaccinated guests against Covid-19 might not be allowed access to hotels (subject to change as per the Tourism Authority)
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- All extras, not included in the offer, shall be charged upon departure
- Special requests are not guaranteed and are subject to availability
- Booking Confirmation must be shown by all customers on arrival
- No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or re-booking allowed
- No Cancellation Policy: Once a booking is confirmed, there are no cancellations
- Postponement Policy: Any postponement request is not guaranteed and should be communicated at least 48-hour prior to the arrival date
- Merchant is solely responsible to the purchaser for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown by all customers upon arrival, failure to do so will entitle the merchant to charge the current public rate
- All Prices on MariDeal are inclusive of VAT
Free App Includes:
- Free app and an online account
- Snorkeling Course
- Try Scuba and Scuba Diver
- Blue Oceans
- Try Free diving
- Rewards points and more…
- Theory lessons
Open Water Course
The Open Water course is the diving course known best worldwide. After graduation from this course, you can dive with your diving partner to a depth of 18 meters anywhere in the world.
As from there, you may continue your education with further special courses. Irrespective of whether you decide to dive as a hobby diver or professional, at the very beginning one must start with and graduate from the OWD course.
The OWD course includes theory via the app or online account as well as practical exercises in the pool (6 modules) and the sea (4 dives).
Juniors can also discover the diving world through the Junior Open Water course, they are required to be a minimum of 10 years of age.
About Simply Scuba Diving
Simply Scuba Diving Mauritius opened its doors in 2019. We are a small and cozy company that focuses on quality service rather than quantity.
We are an official SSI Instructor Training Centre and an Extended Range Training Centre, which is able to offer fun and technical dives in both open and closed circuit rebreathers ( CCR ).
Located in the north of the island, situated in Bain Boeuf, 2 minutes away from Pereybere and 5 minutes away from Grand Bay, you will have the privilege to choose from 60 dive sites from the northwest to the northeast and around the northern islands- Coin De Mire island, Flat island, Gabrielle island, Round island, and Snake island. The options are wrecks, multilevel dive profiles, caves, drop off, reefs, shark safari, night dives.
We offer numerous courses from beginners to professional level with our instructors’ guidance.
Our Team is professionals, who put your safety first, moreover, we respect and value nature as well as the marine environment.
Being Mauritians, our team knows exactly which dive site to take you to!