Le Domaine de Labourdonnais
Le Domaine de Labourdonnais
- Visit of Chateau & Gardens
- Free fruit jellies & juice tasting
- Opening hours (Monday - Sunday): 09:00 to 17:00 (last admission at 16:00)
- Location: Domaine de Labourdonnais, Mapou
- Validity: Voucher valid for 120 days as from the date of purchase
Note - while visiting Chateau:
- Guests must leave their backpacks & drink bottles at the entrance
- No Flash is allowed on the wallpapers
- Covid-19 protocols applicable for Mauritian Citizens or Holder of local Residents' Permit (subject to change as per the Tourism Authority):
- Safe Travels Sanitary Protocol is being complied by Service Provider and thus ensuring that the recommended measures are being taken prior to the start of operations
- All staff are vaccinated
- Hand sanitisers will be available at the reception and in various areas of activities
- Temperature check before accessing the premises and clients are instructed to wear a mask
- If the temperature is more than 37.5 Celsius, the Service Provider reserves the right not to allow access to their premises and cancel the activity
- The number of visitors is being regulated
- Reservation: Call service provider directly to select date and time in a minimum of 48 hours in advance (subject to availability)
- Amendments: Once customers have confirmed a date and time, any amendments will need to be confirmed by Service Provider directly
- Pregnant women are requested to seek medical advice prior to booking any activity
- Activity is still carried out under rain unless safety is compromised. Subject to change in schedule due to weather condition
- Customers are requested to arrive at least 30 mins prior to activity time
- Service Provider reserves the right to limit access to the number of persons in their premises at any point in time
- Covid-19 Lockdown Protocol: If a booking falls within a Lockdown period/Government restriction, customers can request an extension of their voucher according to the validity date (subject to availability)
- Cyclone Protocol: If your reservation falls within Cyclone Class 3, the reservation will automatically be cancelled & you will be able to make a new reservation once Cyclone has passed
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- All extras, not included in the offer, shall be charged upon departure
- Special requests are not guaranteed and are subject to availability
- Booking Confirmation must be shown by all customers on arrival
- No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or re-booking allowed
- No Cancellation Policy: Once a booking is confirmed, there are no cancellations
- Postponement Policy: Any postponement request is not guaranteed and should be communicated at least 48-hour prior to the arrival date
- Merchant is solely responsible to the purchaser for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown by all customers upon arrival, failure to do so will entitle the merchant to charge the current public rate
- All Prices on MariDeal are inclusive of VAT
About Domaine De Labourdonnais
Château de Labourdonnais was built in 1856 and extensively refurbished in 2006 to restore its graceful colonial architecture to its original glory.
The site is among Mauritius’ foremost cultural attractions and a flagship of national heritage. A visit to the area is an immersion into the art of living in 19th century Mauritius. From the moment you turn into the majestic Intendance tree-lined (Ficus Retusa) avenue leading to the Château, you will discover a magical place that shines a spotlight on Mauritian history, nature, cuisine and savoir-faire.
It is an utter delight to discover the house and stroll through its lovely gardens and historic orchards. In addition to a large number of endemic species, the estate boasts over fifty varieties of centuries-old mango trees, as well as spice plants and other exotic fruit trees.
As they amble through the grounds, visitors may chance upon an old enclosure in which giant tortoises peacefully graze. At the end of each visit, clients are invited to take a seat at the estate’s tasting bar and to sample the products of the Domaine’s distillery and orchards. These include a range of delicious rums, jams, fruit jellies and fruit juices made on the estate. This complimentary tasting is included in the price of entry to the Château, and each of the items is also available for purchase in our souvenirs shop.
Visit of the Estate - Domaine de Labourdonnais extends well beyond the Château itself. Visitors can experience the Estate, its history and production orchards.