La Pirogue Mauritius
What you get:
- N°1: Half-Board: Breakfast & Dinner (lunch & drinks not included)
- N°2: Full-Board Plus: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & selected drinks during meals only
- Drinks: Soft drinks, local beers, house wines & locally bottled spirits
- Free: 1 kid in Garden/Premium Garden Bungalow & 2 kids in Beach Pavillion up to 11 years stay, play & eat
- 20% Discount on spa treatments at Sugar Beach Spa (reservation required & excluding products)
- Complimentary access to selected land & water activities (subject to availability)
- Access to recreational facilities at Sugar Beach (subject to availability)
- Minimum 2 Night requirement on all room categories: 24th Dec & 31st Dec 2021
- Check-in: 14:00
- Check-out: 12:00
- La Pirogue is authorised to welcome non-vaccinated guests (citizen or resident of Mauritius) with a Negative PCR test that is no older than 72 hours
- ID card or passport is compulsory and must be presented at reception counter upon arrival
- Compulsory Gala Dinner supplements on Christmas Eve (24th Dec 2021) & New Year's Eve (31st Dec 2021) are already included in the rates
- A refundable credit card or cash security deposit of Rs.1,500 per room per day must be settled upon check-in
- Lunch & Dinner at La Pirogue is subject to availability and is on the reservation at the Restaurant Concierge Desk
- Covid-19 protocols applicable for Mauritian Citizens or Holder of local Residents' Permit (subject to change as per the Tourism Authority):
- Vaccination card and ID card are compulsory, and must be presented at reception counter upon arrival
- Children under 18 years old are currently exempted from vaccination at this time. They will be allowed to stay in the same hotel if accompanied by their parents or a relative (adult) who is fully vaccinated
- ALL locals should be fully vaccinated at least 30 days prior the event - with 2 doses of a Covid-19 vaccine recognised by the Mauritian authorities
- Johnson & Johnson: If vaccinated by J&J, the vaccine must be completed 28 days prior to the arrival date
- Other vaccines which require 2 doses: 2nd injection to be completed 15 days prior to the arrival date
- The validated vaccines are: AstraZeneca Covishield, AstraZeneca Vaxzeria, Covaxin, Johnson&Johnson (1 dose), Moderna, Pfizer, Sinopharm, Sinovac-CoronaVac, Sputnik V
- If guests do not have the 2 doses or if the PCR test done is positive, the concerned authority will not take overall current bookings
- All Customers having any food allergens & dietary restrictions should communicate to the hotel 48hrs prior to arrival
- Only food and drinks purchased in the hotel-restaurant can be consumed. No food or drinks from outside are permitted inside the restaurant without the approval of the management
- Age Requirement: Note that upon reservation, if customers fail to declare their child or book for the wrong age group, a supplement will be required on arrival
- Covid-19 Lockdown Protocol: If a booking falls within a Lockdown period/Government restriction, it will automatically be cancelled & refunded as a store credit in your MariDeal account only
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- All extras, not included in the offer, shall be charged upon departure
- Special requests are not guaranteed and are subject to availability
- Booking Confirmation must be shown by all customers on arrival
- No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or re-booking allowed
- No Cancellation Policy: Once a booking is confirmed, there are no cancellations
- Postponement Policy: Any postponement request is not guaranteed and should be communicated at least 48-hour prior to the arrival date
- Merchant is solely responsible to the purchaser for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown by all customers upon arrival, failure to do so will entitle the merchant to charge the current public rate
- All Prices on MariDeal are inclusive of VAT
- As courtesy to the other guests, please refrain from wearing wet clothes and swimwear for dinner
- After 18:30, no shorts, tank tops, singlets and flip flops are allowed in the restaurants. Gentlemen are requested to wear full length trousers & smart casual for women
- Restaurants openings and operations are based on hotel occupancy and may change at any time
- Drinks package during lunch and dinner: Water, soft drinks, local beers, house wines & locally bottled spirits
- Dine around options (lunch and dinner) is valid in both La Pirogue and Sugar Beach excluding Buddha Bar Beach (Credit of Rs.500 offered per person per stay for dinner only) – Reservation is compulsory & subject to availability and restaurants opening
- Minibar is not included
- Guests on Full Board Plus may choose to have Lunch and their selected drinks either on day of arrival or day of departure
- No food can be taken out of the restaurant at anytime
About La Pirogue Mauritius
Located along the coastline bordered by sparkling turquoise waters, La Pirogue offers its guests a four-star experience in paradise. Imbued with authentic and unparalleled typical Mauritian charm, La Pirogue is similar to a traditional fishing village. The thatched roof of each bungalow is very reminiscent of the deployed sail of a local fishing boat, hence the hotel's name. Nestled in the heart of a coconut grove and surrounded by lush gardens, this boho-chic hotel, which enjoys a relaxed and lively atmosphere, is perfect for families and couples alike. The rooms at La Pirogue are nestled in individual bungalows with thatched earthen roofs that open onto the palm grove and the turquoise lagoon. These rooms offer a warm, friendly, and authentically Mauritian atmosphere.
La Pirogue is a disabled-friendly hotel with some rooms fitted with specific facilities to ensure the ultimate comfort and ease of access. These rooms have ramps, and wheelchair-friendly bathrooms, and grab bars by the toilets and the showers. Additionally, all of the rooms are equipped with light alarm clocks that have a vibrating function.
Situated in the heart of La Pirogue, this exceptional open-plan restaurant offers a host of incredible gastronomic experiences for diners with an impressive selection of breakfast options and excellent themed dinner buffets with live cooking stations. Each evening promises an extraordinary culinary adventure but the Mauritian Barbeque, which takes place once a week in the tropical gardens next to the restaurant, is not to be missed. The restaurant seats up to 450 guests.
- Opening Hours: Continental Breakfast 06:30 - 07:30 | International Breakfast Buffet 07:30 - 10:30 | Dinner Thematic Buffet 19:00 - 22:00
Van Der Stel Wine Bar
On the menu, a choice of 60 wines by the glass, served from state-of-the-art dispensers, and a membership card control system. Our sommeliers will help you make the perfect wine pairing with the meal of the day. This bar is the perfect venue to end the evening on a high note with friends.
Opening Hours: Dinner 19:00 - 23:00
Magenta Seafood Restaurant (Closed on Sundays)
Magenta offers guests an elegant menu that highlights the culinary excellence of the establishment. Boasting extraordinary views of the breathtaking Mauritian surroundings, a meal at Magenta is unforgettable. Every Tuesday evening, the restaurant offers a remarkable dining experience sumptuous and fresh seafood is grilled to perfection and served on the beach alongside an array of extraordinary local and international dishes to the sounds of the local Sega; this is sure to be the culinary highlight of your trip.
- Opening Hours: Dinner 19:00 - 22:00
Coconut Café Bar
For lunch, let yourself be transported to the streets of Port Louis, the capital, and enjoy a wide variety of Mauritian street food and local cuisine in a very casual poolside setting . At dinner enjoy a family style selection of Indian Ocean island cuisine.
- Opening Hours: Lunch 12:30 - 15:00 (A la carte) | Dinner 19:00 - 22:00 | Bar as from 10:00 to 22:30
Le Morne Beach Bar
Nestled on the beach adjacent to our beach restaurant, Beach Bar is perfect for casual all-day drinking, light meals and the ideal place to enjoy a sundowner. In the evenings, linger around to sip a nightcap around the bonfire to the sounds of our own DJ.
- Opening Hours: Lunch 12:30 - 15:00 (A la carte) | Light Meals & Snacks 15:00 - 17:00 | Bar as from 10:00 till 02:00
Sun Kids Club
Sun Kids Club offers a world of fun and entertainment for kids from 2-11 years. Numerous fun activities as well as special menus, buffets, and barbecues specifically prepared for the kids 12 hours a day. Children of 2-3 years old need to be accompanied by a parent or a babysitter; professionally trained nannies are available on request at a fee. The Teens Club is the ideal meeting place for guests aged 12 to 17 and offers an array of sports activities, outings, excursions, and special evenings for teenagers.
- Operating Hours: From 09:30 to 22:00
Spend your time relishing the temperate waters and indulge in our fantastic water sport and diving activities at La Pirogue. Discover the wonders of the underwater world uniquely from a Zayak. Closely encounter the vivid marine life while snorkeling or on a diving excursion organized by our PADI dive center and skim the water’s surface while getting a full-body workout with a kayak or stand-up paddleboarding. Thrill-seekers can let the wind be their guide while sailing or windsurfing. Alternatively, enjoy the adrenaline rush of a tube ride or white water skiing.
- Land Activities: Fitness center, mini-golf or golf at Ile aux Cerfs (green fees only), stretching & yoga classes, giant chess, jogging, ping-pong, beach volleyball & badminton.
- Water Activities: Kayaking, laser-sailing & fun boats, pedal boats, glass-bottom boat rides, windsurfing, zayak, stand-up paddle, aqua zumba & coral farming experience.
Cinq Mondes Spa
Step into a world of tranquillity at our outstanding Cinq Mondes Spa. Located amongst lush tropical greenery, this exclusive spa provides the ultimate haven for guests in need of some pampering at the hands of our expert spa therapists. Choose the perfect treatment from the comprehensive spa menu and make the most of the phenomenal spa facilities for a truly immersive and relaxing experience that is sure to heal the mind, body, and soul. A private hideaway waiting to be discovered, our phenomenal Cinq Mondes Spa is a welcome retreat for those looking to escape the stress of life. Pamper yourself with one of our treatments, entrenched in age-old rituals and ceremonies, coupled with fragrant natural products and designed to rejuvenate weary bodies and minds. Take the precious time for yourself to recharge and relax in our private slice of paradise by making use of our hammam and peaceful relaxation area before indulging in our range of services from luxurious facials and body rituals to manicures and pedicures.
- Opening Hours: From 09:00 to 19:00 (Saturdays & Sundays only)