Le Domaine de Labourdonnais
Visit of the Chateau, gardens & orchards + Tasting of fruit jellies and juice (Minimum 2 Pax)
Le Domaine de Labourdonnais
- Visit of Chateau & Gardens
- Free fruit jellies & juice tasting
- Note: Chateau de Labourdonnais will be closed from Saturday 17th Oct to Wednesday 21st Oct, 2020
- Opening hours (Tuesday - Sunday): 09:00 to 17:00 (last admission at 16:15)
- Location: Domaine de Labourdonnais, Mapou
- Validity: Voucher valid for 120 days as from the date of purchase
- Reservation: Call service provider directly to select reservation date and time (Subject to availability)
Note - while visiting Chateau:
- Guests must leave their backpack & drink bottles at the entrance
- No Flash is allowed on the wallpapers
- Reservations: Once you have confirmed a date and time with service provider, any amendments will need to be confirmed by Service Provider directly
- No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or re-booking allowed.
- Merchant is solely responsible to the purchaser for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown by all guests upon arrival
- Failure to show Mauritian ID, will entitle the Merchant to charge the current public rate
- VAT: All Prices on MariDeal are inclusive of VAT
Visit of the Estate - Domaine de Labourdonnais extends well beyond the Château itself. Visitors can experience the Estate, its history and production orchards.
Free Secure Parking
Château de Labourdonnais was built in 1856 and extensively refurbished in 2006 to restore its graceful colonial architecture to its original glory.
The site is among Mauritius’ foremost cultural attractions and a flagship of national heritage. A visit to the area is an immersion into the art of living in 19th century Mauritius. From the moment you turn into the majestic Intendance tree-lined (Ficus Retusa) avenue leading to the Château, you will discover a magical place that shines a spotlight on Mauritian history, nature, cuisine and savoir-faire.
It is an utter delight to discover the house and stroll through its lovely gardens and historic orchards. In addition to a large number of endemic species, the estate boasts over fifty varieties of centuries-old mango trees, as well as spice plants and other exotic fruit trees.
As they amble through the grounds, visitors may chance upon an old enclosure in which giant tortoises peacefully graze. At the end of each visit, clients are invited to take a seat at the estate’s tasting bar and to sample the products of the Domaine’s distillery and orchards. These include a range of delicious rums, jams, fruit jellies and fruit juices made on the estate. This complimentary tasting is included in the price of entry to the Château, and each of the items is also available for purchase in our souvenirs shop.