Le Domaine de Labourdonnais
Visit of Chateau & Gardens + Train + Free Tastings (Minimum 2 Pax)
- Visit of Chateau and Gardens + Train & Tasting:
- Free Fruit Jellies tasting
- Free Juice & Rum tasting
- Note while visiting Chateau:
- Guests must leave their backpack & drink bottles at the entrance
- No Flash is allowed on the wallpapers
- Daily Opening Hours: 09:00 to 17:00 (last admission at 16:15)
- Meeting Point: Domaine de Labourdonnais, Mapou
- Infant (0-3 years): Free of Charge
- Validity: Voucher Valid for 120 days as from the date of Purchase
- No reservation required
- How to make a reservation:
- Once payment completed, Customer will receive a Booking Confirmation by email
- Customer must call Service Provider to make a reservation (Phone number on Booking Confirmation)
- Your reservation is not finalized until payment is complete and your date and time slot is confirmed directly with Service Provider
- The Service Provider reserves the right to refuse to carry out the activity to any guest if any medical problems are present
- For late arrivals, Service Provider may reduce activity time (if applicable) or in the case of peak season, could apply 100% cancellation fee
- Once you have confirmed a date and time with Activity and/or Service, any amendments will need to be confirmed by Service Provider directly
- No Show:
- If above Amendment Policy is not followed and if the customer does not show up for reservation, 100% Cancellation Fee will apply
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
- Failure to do so will entitle the Service Provider to charge the current public rate
- All Prices displayed on MariDeal are inclusive of all taxes and service fees
- Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday only from 9:00 - 17:00
- Last admission: 16:15
- Free Secure Parking
Château de Labourdonnais was built in 1856 and extensively refurbished in 2006 to restore its graceful colonial architecture to its original glory.
The site is among Mauritius’ foremost cultural attractions and a flagship of national heritage. A visit to the area is an immersion into the art of living in 19th century Mauritius. From the moment you turn into the majestic Intendance tree-lined (Ficus Retusa) avenue leading to the Château, you will discover a magical place that shines a spotlight on Mauritian history, nature, cuisine and savoir-faire.
It is an utter delight to discover the house and stroll through its lovely gardens and historic orchards. In addition to a large number of endemic species, the estate boasts over fifty varieties of centuries-old mango trees, as well as spice plants and other exotic fruit trees.
As they amble through the grounds, visitors may chance upon an old enclosure in which giant tortoises peacefully graze. At the end of each visit, clients are invited to take a seat at the estate’s tasting bar and to sample the products of the Domaine’s distillery and orchards. These include a range of delicious rums, jams, fruit jellies and fruit juices made on the estate. This complimentary tasting is included in the price of entry to the Château, and each of the items is also available for purchase in our souvenirs shop.
Domaine de Labourdonnais extends well beyond the Château itself. Visitors can experience the Estate, its history and production orchards on board of the Labourdonnais Express train.