La Route du Thé, du Rhum et de la Vanille
Explore La Route du Thé, du Rhum et de la Vanille including Lunch
Full-Day - La route du Thé, du Rhum et de la Vanille
- Visit Domaine des Aubineaux: Museum & Colonial House
- Visit Bois Chéri: Tea factory (operational on Wednesday & Thursday) & Tea tasting
- Visit Saint Aubin: Sugar factory, Rum distillery & Colonial house
- 3-Course Lunch: At Le Saint Aubin Restaurant, Les Aubineaux Restaurant or Le Bois Chéri Restaurant
- Drinks: Homemade ice tea and ½ bottle of water
- Session time: Monday to Sunday from 9:00 - 17:00
- Arrival time: 09:00
- Location: Domaine des Aubineaux
- Validity: Voucher valid for 120 days as from the date of purchase
- Reservation: Call service provider directly to select reservation date and time (subject to availability)
- Reservations: Once you have confirmed a date and time with the service provider, any amendments will need to be confirmed by Service Provider directly
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- All extras, not included in the offer, are payable on departure
- Postponement Policy: 48-hour notice required; reservations made within the window cannot be postponed
- No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling or rebooking allowed
- Merchant is solely responsible to the purchaser for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown by all guests upon check-in at the hotel
- Failure to show Mauritian ID will entitle the merchant to charge the current public rate
- VAT: All Prices on MariDeal are inclusive of VAT
- 09:15 | Arrival time at Domaine des Aubineaux
- 09:30 - 16:00 | Tour at leisure with personal transport
- 12:00 - 14:00 | Lunch at Le Saint Aubin Restaurant, Les Aubineaux Restaurant or Le Bois Chéri Restaurant
- 16:30 | La Route du Thé closing time
Domaine des Aubineaux
- Colonial mansion-museum
- The garden of the Domaine des Aubineaux Tea
- Tasting session with homemade tea and biscuit
- Tea factory
- Tea museum
The Saint Aubin House
- The sugar factory
- The “Rum” House + rum tasting
- The Vanilla House
- The Anthurium (flowers) greenhouse
- The Botanical garden
- Starter: Palm heart salad with smoked marlin & bread
- Main Course: Chicken with a vanilla sauce, vegetables, lentil soup, mixed chutneys, and pickles - plain rice
- Dessert: Caramelized banana in toffee sauce
- Last order to be placed 30 mins prior to closure of the restaurant
Awaken your five senses as you discover the making of teas, rum, vanilla, essential oils - and as you stroll down the exotic gardens of the Bois Cheri tea plantation.
A guide will walk you around during your visit and will guide you on the history, stories, and tales of all the sites. It is a trip that will take you back in time to the first days of Mauritius with its rich colonial history and you will get a chance to learn on the importance of tea productions in Mauritius.
You will visit the “Domaine des Aubineaux” and its gardens. Domaine des Aubineaux is a colonial house built in 1872, which has been converted into a museum dedicated to the history of Mauritian Tea.
You will discover, amongst others, furniture dating back to the 17th century, and a great collection of photos of colonial houses which have been demolished. Also, you will find several displays explaining the important role that the tea industry played throughout time.
After the visit to the house, you will continue the tour and will visit its gardens - Camphor tree garden. While strolling in the Camphor tree garden, take a look at the diversity of exotic plants as well as trees of the endemic forest, and enjoy the beautiful sight of the tea plantation and of the breathtaking nature all around.
The tour will continue with a visit to Bois Chéri which is the second stop in the Mauritian Tea Route tour. The Bois Chéri is the first and biggest tea producer in Mauritius, operating since 1892.
After a guided tour of the factory, you will discover the history of tea while visiting the tea production museum.
Nowadays Bois Chéri produces a new range of flavored teas, green teas, and herbal teas. You may taste them during your visit while enjoying a great panoramic view of the beautiful south of the island.
You will then continue you tour to the third stop of the Tea Route - the Saint Aubin house. Built-in 1819, It has been home to several managers of the sugar estate, before being renovated in the '90s to preserve a part of the Mauritian heritage. Today one may still see the beams and ship poles used in its original construction.
You will also discover the interesting transformation process of the vanilla orchid: from the flower to the aromatic pod.